Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lighthouse - after painting

All right, wifey finished painting the lighthouse. Notice that I installed a 10mm base and increased the height of the lantern house by 6mm more.

The weather vane is made out of styrene. Difficult task it was to build this!

For the black ribbon, we used muscle tape masking for the streight, uniform border.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Lighthouse: Contnd.

It was a busy weekend with friends and family and a bit of socialization, so not much of a progress on the lighthouse. My wifey added the first coat of painting on the tower and I finished the remaining paper mache work around the lighthouse and the bridge.

Now the paper will take two-three days to dry completely and become rock-solid. Then I will finish painting the earth and the rock and add ground cover, while my wife can finish painting the lighthouse.